Careers In Psychology
Below you will find an exciting list of career opportunities in Psychology
Clinical Psychologists specialise in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of psychological problems (e.g. phobias, behavioural problems, disabilities).
Clinical Neuropsychologists specialise in brain functions and impairments and the effects on behaviours. Qualifications: Masters of Psychology, Doctor of Psychology.
Counselling Psychologists focus on therapy for a range of personal and interpersonal difficulties. They work with individuals, couples, families, and organisations.
Educational & Developmental Psychologists offer specialist skills in the areas of educational programs, such as learning difficulties & disabilities, childhood and lifespan development.
Forensic Psychologists offer assessment, intervention and advice in legal and criminal matters. Qualifications: Specialist program not offered at UOW
Organisational Psychologists specialise in workplace issues (e.g. recruitment, training, career development, technological change).
Sports Psychologists focus on motivation and effectiveness in sport and exercise. They work in sporting institutions, with sporting teams, or in private practice.
Career options with a 3-year major include: Personnel services, Human Resources, Organisational psychology, with government agencies or private enterprise.
To be advised Session 1, 2018
Two NHMRC Centres of Research Excellence awarded to staff in our School:
Australian Centre for Electromagnetic Bioeffects Research
Australian Centre for Cannabinoid Clinical and Research Excellence (ACRE)
The following staff have been acknowledged for their significant research efforts:
• Most grants applied for in 2017 : Pete Kelly
• Most publications in 2017 and over the past 5 years (both) : Frank Deane and Mark Allen
• Most citations in 2017 : Bob Barry and Emma Barkus
• Highest number of citations for papers published in the past 5 years : Peter Caputi and Stewart Vella
• Rising Star Award (for an Early Career Researcher) : Christian Swann
- UOW Research Partnerships Recognised for Impact
- UOW Partners for Research Impact Magazine
- Archived News Stories