HAS HDR Student Information
HDR Expression of Interest
If you would like to apply for PhD studies in the School of Health and Society, please complete and return the expression of interest form.
HDR Expenditure Application
- Please complete the HDR Student Funds Request Form
- Have your supervisor sign the request form
- Submit this to the School Office (15.141) for approval
- The school office will contact you and advise the outcome
- Please complete a Payment Request Form with receipts attached
- Submit to the School Office (15.141) for processing
- Funds will be deposited into your bank account by UOW Finance
- Please allow up to two weeks for reimbursement
If you are conducting interviews as part of your research and wish to use your HDR Funds for participant incentive vouchers please follow the steps below:
- Complete the HDR Student Funds Request Form (as per guidelines above)
- Purchase the vouchers and apply for funds reimbursement (as per guidelines above)
- Attach a statutory declaration to the funds reimbursement application. The statutory declaration must be signed by a Justice of the Peace (available at Student Central and StudentHub 41). It must also specify the number of vouchers purchased, the amount of each voucher and state you will keep a list of the participants available if required.
General Travel Procedures
If you are travelling on UOW business you must complete a UOW Student Travel Request Form. It is University policy that all travel must be booked through Campus Travel.
Once completed, your supervisor must sign it and return to the HAS Office via email to email@example.com.
The School Office will submit your travel forms to Campus Travel, where it will be priced and booked.
You will receive a confirmation of your Travel booking/Itinerary via email.
If you require reimbursement resulting from travel, please use the instructions above for Funds Reimbursement.
Please ask your supervisor or relevant School/Department office for more information.
NOTE: if UOW is not paying for the travel, you do not have to book through Campus Travel.
- Social Science HDR Research Proposal Presentation Guidelines (pdf)
- UOW HDR Research Proposal Review Form (pdf)
- Social Sciences Research Proposal Presentation Registration Form
- Research and Thesis writing
- UOW Theses Collection
- Social Science Research Student Information
- UOW Thesis by Compilation Rules
- UOW Alumni
Head of Postgraduate Studies
Location: Building 15, Room 141
Phone: 02 4221 4038