National Literacy and Numeracy Test
All initial teacher education students must pass the National Literacy and Numeracy Test before they can commence their final professional experience. This is a NSW Government mandated requirement.
Students should take the Test as soon as possible to allow them time to sit it again if they fail.
The School of Education recommends taking the Test:
- Undergraduate: Autumn Session, 2nd or 3rd year
- Postgraduate: Spring Session, 1st year
(Note: This test is often called the LANTITE - Literacy and Numeracy Test for Initial Teacher Education Students. Many places refer to it by that name.)
Taking the Test
The Test runs during certain windows of time throughout the year.
Students must register to take the Test during one of these times.
2019 Testing Windows
|May 2019||5 April – 18 April 2019||10 May – 30 May 2019|
|August 2019||3 July – 16 July 2019||5 August – 18 August 2019|
|November 2019||9 October – 22 October 2019||8 November – 17 November 2019|
UOW Online Support Materials (in Moodle)
School of Education students have access to the UOW Moodle: Support Materials for the National Literacy and Numeracy Test site.
Support for Preparing for the Test
- Literacy and Numeracy Test for Initial Teacher Education Students site
- Sample questions (PDF)
- Literacy and numeracy test for teacher education students - NESA NSW: Frequently asked questions and information about eligibility.
- Literacy and Numeracy Test for Initial Teacher Education Students: Facts sheet and costs.
- LANTITE Edge test preparation through Cambridge University Press: Extensive support for preparing for the test. ($24.95 for one component, $34.95 for both)
- NESA - Initial Teacher Education team:
email@example.com or (02) 9367 8408
UOW Student Support Advisers
If you have an issue or a problem that is affecting your study, then the Student Support Advisers may be able to help.