Phone: (02) 4221 3664
- 1998 BA in Studio Art & Art History from Wheaton College, Massachusetts, USA
- 2004 MA in Education (Educational Technology) from the University of San Francisco, California, USA
- 2009 PhD in Education from the University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia (Title: Teacher change: Individual and cultural risk perceptions in the context of ICT integration)
My research focuses on technology-related school change within large-scale educational initiatives. Specifically, I looks at teachers in different educational contexts and how they understand technology integration, curriculum and teaching practice. I am currently working with the New South Wales Department of Education and Training (NSW DET) to evaluate an Australian federal education initiative, the Digital Education Revolution, in secondary schools in New South Wales (2010-2012). In addition to working with NSW DET, I collaborate with academics at the University of Cape Town and Rhodes University to study teachers' experiences in South Africa's federal Teacher Laptop Initiative. I also collaborate with academics from Florida State University and University of Tampa to conduct school-based research on technology integration in schools across the rural southeastern United States.
Teaching practice in the subject areas, technology practices & integration, technology & teaching-related risk perceptions, school culture.
- ARC Discovery Project (2013-2015) - Pedagogies for knowledge-building: Investigating subject-appropriate and cumulative teaching and learning for the twenty-first century school classroom
- OLT Innovation Grant (2013-2014) - Driving curriculum and technological change to support writing in the engineering disciplines
- American Educational Research Association, Motivation SIG, Executive Board Member (2010-2012)
- Australian Association for Research in Education, Executive Board Member (2008-2011)
- Vin Cent Loh (Doctor of Philosophy): Investigating the Design and Implementation of Educational Multi User Virtual Environments in Second Life Applied to Information Sciences.
- Geraldine Hardie (Doctor of Philosophy (Integrated)): Digital Equity: Understanding Digital Competence and Its Implications in Higher Education
- Valentine Hazelman (Doctor of Philosophy): Innovation from a distance: a study of diffusion in a regional university
- Budour Almisad (Doctor of Education): A Study of Students Perceptions and Attitudes toward the Use of SMS to Support Learning and Teaching at the Kuwait University
- Patricia Powers (Doctor of Education): The Light at the End of the Tunnel: Threshold Concepts in Early Online Adult Education
- Adrian Mozejko (Doctor of Philosophy): Retaining & developing new & early career Secondary science teachers