Faculty Central

Social Sciences Course Transfer Information

Current undergraduate students of the University are eligible to apply for transfer to a new course under the provisions of the General Course Rules.

Applications should be made using the Course Transfer form available from UOW Student Central and be accompanied by any additional documentation required for the course (see below).

Applications should be submitted after the release of results for the session prior to transfer and no later than:

  • For Autumn commencement: 31 January
  • For Spring commencement: 15 July

Completed forms to be lodged with the Faculty Student Services Centre offices in either Building 23 or 41.

Note: Not all courses open for application in each semester. See School pages below.

Specific Course Transfer Requirements

For information on specific course transfer requirements please refer to the relevant School pages linked below.

School of Education

School of Education Transfer Requirements

  • B Education - The Early Years *
  • B Health & Physical Education * 
  • B Mathematics Education *
  • B Primary Education *
  • B Science Education *

School of Geography and Sustainable Communities

School of Geography & Sustainable Communities Transfer Requirements

  • Bachelor of Geography
  • Bachelor of Science (Human Geography or Land & Heritage Management) *
  • Bachelor of Science (Human Geography) *
  • Bachelor of Sustainable Communities

School of Health and Society

School of Health & Society Transfer Requirements

  • B Public Health *
  • B Social Science *
  • B Social Work

School of Psychology

School of Psychology Transfer Requirements

  • B Arts (Psychology)
  • B Arts (Psychology) - B Commerce
  • B Psychology (Honours)
  • B Psychology (Honours) - B Commerce
  • B Psychological Science
  • B Psychological Science - B Commerce
  • B Psychological Science - B Social Science


* Also available as a Dean’s Scholars program for high achieving students.

Frequently Asked Questions

Will I be given credit for the subjects I have done in my previous course?
Credit will be assessed on an individual basis taking into account the rules and requirements of the course into which you are transferring. The Faculty will aim to transfer the maximum amount of credit to which you are entitled. You will be asked to apply for credit if your transfer application is successful.

When will I be notified of the result of my application?
You should receive an email notifying you of the result within two weeks of the relevant closing date.

What should I do with my enrolment in my current course?
Do not discontinue your enrolment in your current course until you have been accepted into your new course. Acceptance into your preferred course is not guaranteed and will be governed by whether you meet the minimum criteria, demand and available places.

Can I apply for transfer to more than one course, in this or other faculties?
Yes. You will need to lodge separate applications for each course, whether they are in the same or in different faculties or schools. Each application will be considered separately.

How do I apply for entry to Honours?
Please see information about Honours on relevant School web pages, including contact details and application process. Do not apply for Honours using the Course Transfer process.

Last reviewed: 23 October, 2017