Position: Associate Professor, School of Psychology
Deputy Director, Centre for Health Initiatives
Phone: (02) 4221 3716
Dr Magee is a health psychology researcher, with specific interests in the following two related areas:
- Understanding the influence of poor sleep quality on health and well-being.
- Investigating how factors such as sleep, work-life balance, and workplace bullying affect employee outcomes (e.g., absenteeism, work engagement).
He is also interested in the determinants and consequences of health behaviours more broadly (e.g., condom use, alcohol), and the well-being of vulnerable populations. He holds a number of grants and consultancies, and has a keen interest in the translation of research findings into policy and practice.
Qualifications: B Psyc (Hons); MBA (Distinction); PhD
- Sleep, lifestyle, and well-being
- Occupational health psychology
- Work-life balance
- Health behaviours
- Quantitative methods
- Lauren Gardner: Reducing Drop-Out Rates From Youth Sports: The Role Of Implicit Beliefs
- Carol Keane: Trauma and Substance Misuse
- Alisha McGregor: The impact of individual and organisational factors on workplace presenteeism
- Laura Robinson: Sole working mothers, psychological distress and burnout: the role of work-family balance.
News & Events
Psychology Honours Entry Information Session
Considering applying for Psychology Honours? Come along to this session. Questions addressed include eligibility criteria, quotas and program structure.
Date: Thursday, 28 July 2016 (Week 1, Spring Session)
Venue: Theatre 20-4 (to be confirmed)
Well-Earned Award for Psychology’s Sarah Loughran
It’s a great pleasure to announce that the School of Psychology’s Dr Sarah Loughran has received the 2016 European Bioelectromagnetics Association (EBEA) Chiabrera Award.
Psychology Honours Research Proposal Poster Presentations
Best Poster: Annalise de Groot
Honourable Mention: Kathryn Rankin, Alicia Piper
- Best Lecturer – Dr Michael Matthias
- Best Tutor – Fiona Calvert
As voted by students for Spring Session 2015