Lecturer, Work Health and Safety
PHONE: 02 4221 3610
I am an experienced physician, lecturer and researcher with broad OHS skills and experience including epidemiology, toxicology, chemical and physical hazards, risk management, workplace health promotion and teaching skills. I have successfully applied for grants, in partnership with collaborators, building on my strengths in public health promotion, epidemiology and occupational health and safety. I am currently part of a multidisciplinary team of public health academics, occupational health and safety professionals and academics who excel in teaching and conducting research combining public health promotion with occupational health and safety which can be translated into National policy and good practice.
TEACHING AND COORDINATING
- Subject coordinator for HAS 980 Industrial Epidemiology and Toxicology and HAS 861 Workplace Hazards and Hygiene
- Workplace/Occupational health
- Workplace health promotion program
- Industrial epidemiology
- Working in thermal environments
Published refereed/Peer reviewed journal articles
- Polkinghorne, B.G., Gopaldasani, V., Furber, S., Davies, B. and Flood, V., "Hydration status of underground miners in a temperate Australian region", BMC Public Health, 2012; 13:426.
- Omololu, B.B., Ogunlade, O.S. and Gopaldasani, V.K., "Normal Q-angle in an Adult Nigerian Population", Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, 2009; 467 (8), pp. 2073-2076.
- Omololu, A.B., Okolo, C.A., Ogunlade S.O., Oyebadejo T.Y., Adeoye A.O., Ogunbiyi J.O., Akang E.E., Gopaldasani V.K., "Primary malignant bone tumours in Ibadan, Nigeria: an update", African Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences, 2009; 38: pp. 77-81.
- Omololu, A.B., Ogunlade, O.S. and Gopaldasani, V.K., "The Practice of Traditional Bonesetting: Training Algorithm", Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, 2008; 466(10), pp. 2392-2398.
- Flood, V. and Gopaldasani V. 2013, "Extending knowledge of food components", In: Tapsell L. ed. Food, Nutrition and Health. Oxford University Press.
Peer reviewed conference
- Gopaldasani V., DiCorleto, R., DiCorleto, L., Bennett, A. and Whitelaw, J., "The development of the Thermal Risk App: from paper to (i)pad", Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists 32nd Annual Conference, Melbourne, Nov-Dec 2014.
- Desira M., Gopaldasani V. and Whitelaw J. “Deep underground mines in the tropics: Evaluation of the Heat Stress Risk”, Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists 32nd Annual Conference, Melbourne, Nov-Dec 2014.
- Gopaldasani V., Flood, V., Davies, B., Whitelaw, J. and Kelly, B., "Putting "Health" back into Occupational "Health" and Safety", Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists 32nd Annual Conference, Melbourne, Nov-Dec 2014.
- Gopaldasani V., Davies, B. and Flood, V., "Dehydration and its influences on heat stress indices", Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists 30th Annual Conference, Adelaide, December 2012.
- Olapade-Olaopa, E.O., Muoka, O.E., Owoaje, E., Gopaldasani V., Ladipo, M. and Enabor, O., “Impact of a health education intervention on cancer of the prostate awareness amongst Nigerian men.” World Cancer Congress, Washington DC, July 2006.
- Gopaldasani V. and Hodgetts, W. "Overview of Healthy Miner Research", presentation to the NSW Metalliferous Industry Safety Advisory Committee (MISAC), May 2014.
- Gopaldasani V., Flood, V., Furber, S., Polkinghorne, B., Cocca, M. and Davies, B., "Effectiveness of an intervention strategy on dehydration in the mining industry", Nutrition Society of Australia 36th Annual Scientific Meeting, Wollongong, November 2012.