Position: Head of Post Graduate Studies
Phone: +61 2 4221 4569
A/Professor Wendy Nielsen is a science educator who was a high school science teacher prior to Masters and Doctoral studies in Canada. Her research interests include student-generated digital media and multimodalities; preservice teacher education; supervising teacher knowledge; environmental education; and group contexts for learning. She is currently leading an Australia Research Council Discovery Project examining how university science learners build science content knowledge through generating a semiotic progression of digital representations in such multimodal products as slowmation and blended media.
- Emma Gorman (Doctor of Philosophy): Promoting Sustainable Food Systems and Diets in Australian Primary Schools - Developing Primary Teachers’ Capacities.
- Peter Andersen (Doctor of Education): Children as intergenerational environmental change agents: Using a negotiated protocol to support environmentally responsible behaviour in the family home
- Elise Thurtell (Doctor of Philosophy): Investigating preservice primary teacher’s mathematical knowledge for teaching fractions with representations
- Amir Hossein Rezaaee (Doctor of Philosophy (Integrated)): Understanding of leadership in ‘Turnaround’ Schools
- Annette Turney: ARC Discovery Project and examining multimodalities in student-generated blended media