Position: Research Fellow
Dr Jones’ research is primarily focused on improving healthy lifestyles for young children. Her main areas of research include prevention and intervention studies for overweight and obese children and those at risk of becoming overweight and obese and improving physical activity levels among young children whilst attending childcare. She is interested in educating Early Childhood Educators and parent of young children about physical activity and healthy eating. She is currently involved in a number of funded research projects and supervisors 4 PhD students.
- Healthy lifestyles for young children
- APA scholarship 2000–2003
- Karen Tonge: Relationship Between Educator Engagement and Interaction and Children’s Physical Activity in Child Care Services
- Megan Hammersley: Time2bHealthy: The effect of an online lifestyle behaviour change program for parents of preschool-aged children.
- Michele Peden: Evaluation of an evidence based technology mediated professional learning package for ECEC addressing physical activity and nutrition behaviours of young children.
- Sanne Veldman: Gross motor skills, physical activity and cognitive development: a cross-sectional study from 2 to 3 years.