Social Sciences Course Transfer Information
Current undergraduate students of the University are eligible to apply for transfer to a new course under the provisions of the General Course Rules.
Applications should be made using the Course Transfer form available from UOW Student Central and be accompanied by any additional documentation required for the course (see below).
Applications should be submitted after the release of results for the session prior to transfer and no later than:
- For Autumn commencement: 31 January
- For Spring commencement: 15 July
Completed forms to be lodged with the Faculty Student Services Centre offices in either Building 23 or 41.
Note: Not all courses open for application in each semester. See School pages below.
Specific Course Transfer Requirements
For information on specific course transfer requirements please refer to the relevant School pages linked below.
School of Education
- B Education - The Early Years *
- B Health & Physical Education *
- B Mathematics Education *
- B Primary Education *
- B Science Education *
School of Geography and Sustainable Communities
- Bachelor of Geography
- Bachelor of Science (Human Geography or Land & Heritage Management) *
School of Health and Society
- B Public Health *
- B Public Health Nutrition
- B Social Science *
- B Social Work
School of Psychology
- B Arts (Psychology)
- B Arts (Psychology) - B Commerce
- B Psychology (Honours)
- B Psychology - B Commerce
- B Psychological Science
- B Psychological Science - B Commerce
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will I be given credit for the subjects I have done in my previous course?
- Credit will be assessed on an individual basis taking into account the rules and requirements of the course into which you are transferring. The Faculty will aim to transfer the maximum amount of credit to which you are entitled. You will be asked to apply for credit if your transfer application is successful.
- When will I be notified of the result of my application?
- You should receive an email notifying you of the result within two weeks of the relevant closing date.
- What should I do with my enrolment in my current course?
- Do not discontinue your enrolment in your current course until you have been accepted into your new course. Acceptance into your preferred course is not guaranteed and will be governed by whether you meet the minimum criteria, demand and available places.
- Can I apply for transfer to more than one course, in this or other faculties?
- Yes. You will need to lodge separate applications for each course, whether they are in the same or in different faculties or schools. Each application will be considered separately.